Originally Posted by soulassassin
A few things;
- Nintendo recently patented a (presumably) wii headset
- If you think the Gamecube was a failure, I bet all your friends owned xbox's, people complain about the 'lack' of third party support, but really, what good third party non exclusive games did it actually miss out on? Nothing on xbox, and the big (read: good) companies, konami, capcom, square that were making games for sony made sure the cube got it's fair share. (crystal chronicles/best version of killer7/best viewtiful joe/megaman/mgs remake [surely more on the way]) Not to mention the stellar 1st party games, DK Jungle Beat, F-Zero, 3 Zelda games (4 swords/ww/OoT:MQ) Pikmin, plus random stuff, REmakes, Ikaruga.. The list truly does goes on.
Ninty leading Sony into the console race wasn't a failure.... no, but it was a hell of a mistake considering Sony almost killed Nintendo.
I think people get the impression the Cube had no games because all the game stores have mile high bins full of shitty 2nd hand ps2 games whereas most gamecube games are in peoples houses.
- Ninty leading Sony into the console race wasn't a failure, It was bound to happen. Sega was already on the way out, the market for a 'cool' new console was wide open
- The DS has great online, do you really think it won't be repeated on the Wii? 7 mil xbl users (halo players) is NOT phenomenal, it's typical. Nintendo ARE waiting for the market to catch up. The last gen was not the golden age of online gaming, things are just starting to warm up -now.
- the n64 was a failure? lol hav u played a ps1?
You are laughing because I am handing you the truth. Fine.. I could care less. Fact is all my friends had all 3 systems. We aren't fanboys like yourself. The GCN came in last the last go around. The DS has far from GREAT online... sure its fun, but you cannot do a hell of a lot except hope your going to get connected to a friend on Mario Kart, or having people drop out without repercussions . The MARKET doesn't need to catch up, the market has been here the whole time. 7Million SUBSCRIPTIONS to LIVE is a lot. It is one of the fastest growing paid subscription entertaiment mediums ever. Just because your Nintendo has just decided to come into the online arena doesn't mean that the market is just catching up, or needs to catch up. Fact is kiddo you asked us all a question and we all have answered you with non biased answers. Maybe you shouldn't ask questions that you don't want answers to. As for headsets the Xbox 1 and PS2 had that last gen
They were extensively used. Also the 'BIg' companies as you say all made Xbox 1 games as well. True FF or Viewtiful Joe didn't come, but thats why I had my GCN. N64 was a failure... it almost bankrupted Nintendo.. PS1 sailed past the N64 and kept on going.
Nintendo has failed many times, as have Sony and Microsoft. Its life, get over it.
Hold up hold up... You really think most Wii owners are online? No because they have their PS3 or the 360 to do that with.